The Tasman series is Maxwell’s own drum winch design utilizing the tried and tested gearbox and motor combination from the RC8 series (in production since 1993 with more than 100,000 in global circulation).
The gearbox, made from marine grade aluminium, is anodised for optimal protection. It can be positioned in 14 positions with 15° increments and has a large diameter stainless steel output hub. Drum plates are 5 mm thick and fitted to a high strength 2205 grade stainless steel shaft of 28.5 mm diameter. This assembly is sturdy enough to pull up to 1000 kg. With a line speed up of 60 m/min, the anchor is deployed and retrieved before you know it. The standard supplied remote control adds comfort and a circuit breaker ensures a safe system. Experience why the Tasman is the drum winch to have!
High performing and reliable: the Tasman 6 is the perfect anchoring system to a large variety of vessels.
- Marine anodised aluminium gearbox
- Independent anodised aluminium mounting legs
- Gearbox can be positioned in up to 14 positions in 15° increments
- Gearbox integrated in support leg reduces overall width
- Large diameter 316 Stainless steel gearbox output hub
- High strength 2205 Stainless steel 28.5mm shaft
- 5mm 316 Stainless steel drum plates
- Composite shaft bearings for low service and high reliability
- Line speed up to 60m/min for fast anchor deployment and retrieval