The HWC 3500 series is designed for horizontal handling of chain-only anchor rodes while offering an independent capstan for the retrieval of a secondary rope and/or chain rode, or to assist with docking procedures.
The HWC3500 can be provided in several different configurations including dual chainwheel and dual capstan or any variation thereof (e.g., single starboard chainwheel and single port drum, etc). The 3500 series has been a pillar of the Maxwell P&S range since its introduction in 1987.
- Permits use of traditional shackle and thimble rope and chain connection
- All components are above-deck so there is no intrusion into the anchor locker
- High-quality finish on above deck components, manufactured from marine grade stainless steel (AISI 316) and chromed bronze, for long term durability
- Cone type brake/clutch mechanism permits manual ‘free fall’ anchoring. Cone clutches, unlike dog clutches, provide smooth progressive engagement ensuring safe operator control
- Chainwheel locking pawl to assis when using warping drum independently
- Anodized aluminium gearbox
- Heavy duty, dual direction Cima motor, designed for marine winches
- Easily disassembled for servicing
Please see the “SPECIFICATIONS” and “RESOURCES” tab for further information.