The VW 2500 series is designed for automatic handling of chain-only anchor rodes while offering an independent capstan for the retrieval of a secondary rope and/or chain rode, or to assist with docking procedures.
The VW 2500 series is a classic style windlass without an attached chainpipe, meaning the windlass can be mounted vertically or horizontally. This windlass would be suitable for setups where the chainpipe is mounted separate from the windlass, or where the rode is retrieved and stored on deck.
- Permits use of traditional shackle and thimble rope and chain connection
- Allows alternative mounting horizontally on a fore and aft bulkhead inside chain locker for below deck installation
- High-quality finish on above deck components, manufactured from marine grade stainless steel (AISI 316) and chromed bronze, for long term durability
- Cone type brake/clutch mechanism permits manual ‘Free Fall’ anchoring. Cone clutches, unlike dog clutches, provide smooth progressive engagement ensuring safe operator control
- Simplified through deck installation by modular design
- Anodized aluminium gearbox
- Heavy duty, dual direction Cima motor, designed for marine winches
- Easily disassembled for servicing
Please see the “SPECIFICATIONS” and “RESOURCES” tab for further information.