The stainless steel (AISI 316) RC10 Series rope/chain windlass is part of Maxwell’s upper mid-range line-up and is suitable for boats ranging from 9m (30ft) to 14m (48ft). The RC10 is a second-generation rope/chain windlass and is a favourite choice for cruising yachts, launches and pilothouse vessels, and light commercial operators. The intentionally simple design yields excellent longevity and performance figures and has contributed to a well-earned reputation for reliability.
The RC10 comes in two variants, the RC10-8 and the RC10-10 and is capable of handling 8-10mm (5/16”–3/8″) chain and 14–16mm (9/16”–5/8″) 8-brait (plait) rope.
The patented Wave Design™ rope/chain gypsy (chainwheel) is able to accommodate a wide range of chain pitch differences (both imperial and metric) within the RC10’s specified chain size diameters.
Are you running all chain? No problem. The RC10 works just as effectively with all-chain rode.
- Gearbox can be removed by hand and without tools for easy maintenance and inspection.
- Full disassembly capability of the topworks utilizing only the handle provided and an Allen key.
- Manual override and ‘Free Fall’, using the emergency crank/clutch handle provided.
- Sealed oil bath and marine-grade hard anodised, alloy gearbox provides maximum output via a precision worm and worm wheel.
- Every Maxwell RC10 automatic rope/chain windlass comes with top works, motor/gear box and dual direction solenoid.
- The unique spacer tube design allows for installation through virtually any deck thickness, and the multiple mounting positions and self-aligning gearbox ensure optimal orientation in virtually all installation situations.
For further information see the “SPECIFICATIONS” and “RESOURCES” tab below.