The Maxwell 4000 windlass series is designed for automatic handling of chain-only anchor rodes while offering an independent capstan for the retrieval of a secondary rope and/or chain rode, or to assist with docking procedures.
- Permits use of traditional shackle and thimble rope and chain connection
- High-quality finish on above deck components, manufactured from marine grade stainless steel (AISI 316) and chromed bronze, for long term durability
- Cone type brake/clutch mechanism permits manual ‘Free Fall’ anchoring. Cone clutches, unlike dog clutches, provide smooth progressive engagement ensuring safe operator control
- Simplified through deck installation by modular design
- Heavy duty, dual direction Cima motor, designed for marine winches
- Easily disassembled for servicing
- Assembly of all superyacht gear takes place in the New Zealand factory, where metal is x-rayed to ensure quality, and where production and custom manufacturing can be done with direct engineering oversight
Please see the “SPECIFICATIONS” and “RESOURCES” tab for further information.